Images are a great way to engage your audience and add colour and meaning to your content.
For more information on the best pixel ratios for images, view the correct image sizes for Squiz.
1. Upload a new image by clicking 'New' in the top left corner of the screen, and selecting an image from your computer:
2. Select a .jpg file from your computer. Refer to the image size guide to keep the image under 200KB before uploading.
Add alternative text describing the image you have uploaded - this is necessary for the image to be approved.
Alt text is used to describe an image for people who may have certain functionality turned off or are using a screen reader, e.g. users with vision impairment.
3. Select No for 'Show in menu'. Click 'Select New Location', navigate to where your page is saved (e.g. , click on the page and then click Select.
4. Click 'Create' in the bottom right corner.
5. Click the 'Edit' button. You will be taken to the 'Details' screen of the image where a preview of the alt text and image caption will display.
6. Apply for Approval in the drop down box and hit Save in the top right corner.
7. Within the Asset Finder, navigate to your page and click Select.
8. Go to the Content screen of your page, click where you would like the image to appear in a Content Container, and click the Insert Image button.
9. Use the Finder button to locate your image. A preview of the image will display, and the alt text will fill in automatically if it was entered when uploading the image.
10. You can change the position of your image with the justify button. This will align the image on the left, centre or right of the content container.
11. Resize the item as needed by dragging the corners.
15. Hit Save in the top right corner, and preview the page so you can ensure the image is appearing correctly.
16. Go between preview and edit to format the image correctly if required. Once you are happy with this, go to the Details screen and Submit for Approval in the drop down box, then hit Save.
Replacing an image
1. To override an image, navigate to the existing image in the Asset Finder.
2. On the Details screen scroll down to Image Varieties section and select Upload a new image to upload the latest version of your image. Update the alternative text, caption and title.
3. This will automatically override the current image and update it wherever it has been used in Squiz. You will NOT need to go and add the image again to your pages.
To replace an image, but not override it everywhere it has been used:
1. Navigate to the Content screen of the page the image is located on.
2. Click on the asset and select the image tool.
3. Using the asset picker, navigate to your new uploaded image in the asset finder. Ensure that the alternative text is filled in.
4. Ensure you Apply for Approval on the Details screen of the new image AND the page it appears on.