Please Note: Access to landing pages is restricted. The following instructions are for landing page owners only.
If you are a landing page owner and would like to update page backgrounds and carousel messaging please see the instructions below
Image file size:
- Recommended size = 1500 x 1125 pixels
- File size should be no more than 200KB
- The asset needs to be saved under the Page Backgrounds Navigate to Media>Layout>Page Backgrounds (asset #3103).
- From here, navigate to whichever folder relates to the landing page you are working on… Community and Alumni landing page, Research and Innovation landing page etc and save the carousel image asset into here
- Once asset is found, click New in the top left corner.
- Select Link, which is found under 'Other'
- Enter asset name and location. Note: Location should be directly underneath the correct landing page folder
- Click edit once the asset has been created.
- Click New in the top left corner again.
- Select Redirect Page, which is found under 'Other'
- Enter asset name and location again.
- Click close, then click on New in top left corner again.
- This time select Image, which is found under Files folder. Upload the image and be sure to include an alt Tag.
- Return to the original Link asset you created (it may be quickest to find it under the Asset Finder Tree in the top right corner).
- Link the Link asset to the Redirect Page asset you created. Also choose the thumbnail, which will be the image you uploaded a moment ago.
- Once the Link asset has had these elements added, move into the Redirect Page asset (again, it may be easiest to find this via the Asset Finder Tree in the top right corner).
- Select the article or URL this homepage asset will point to. i.e. Where should the user end up after clicking on the homepage headline/image?
- Then move across to the Metadata tab up the top of the asset.
- The sub-headline will be drawn from the dcterms.description field, so enter those details in.
- SAVE and set LIVE
- Visit the URL of the landing page you are editing and add /_nocache to the end of the URL to view your changes.
- Contact the web team if you need the cache cleared.