For any event to appear on its relevant landing page as well as the relevant audience page in the events room, all pages must be tagged appropriately and saved under the corresponding page in the events room. All events MUST be created and saved under the page titled Events.
Please complete News & Events training online prior to creating an event so the Web Team can give you access to this section of the website.
1. To do so, create a new Single Calendar Event:
2. Fill out all the relevant information, including the title, date, and time of the event.
Select 'No' for Show in Menu.
3. Click 'Select New Location' and navigate to the Events page #1606, and select the relevant page for the event audience (eg Future Students):
4. Click create after selecting the relevant audience. You can now edit your event:
5. On the Content screen, add the event description and hit Save in the top right hand of the screen every time you make a change.
6. Navigate to the Metadata tab at the top of the screen.
7. Uncheck 'Use Default' next to 'Description' under the SEO section, and enter a short summary of the event. This is necessary for your event to be approved.
8. Scroll down to the 'News and Events' section, and uncheck 'Use Default' next to 'Event Type'. Select the relevant pages for the event to appear on. Only certain events will be approved by the Web Team to go on landing pages.
9. Uncheck the 'Use default' boxes under Event RSVP (if applicable), Contact and Location and enter the correct information. Hit Save in the top right hand corner.
10. Add a relevant image under 200KB by uploading it as a child of the event, and selecting it on the Details screen:
11. Apply for Approval on the Details screen in the drop down box:
Please note: For your event to appear in the Events calendar, you must:
- select at least one of the available audiences in the metadata checklist for your event eg. Faculty of Education and Arts.
- select the Landing - Research and Innovation option if you have selected any of the research centres available in the metadata checklist of the event.
- all Schools should select their relevant Faculty option in the metadata checklist for their event.
- any other unit using an ad-hoc tag must also select a higher audience level of the event calendar e.g. Community and Alumni, Current Staff.
If you do not follow any of the above steps than your event will only be accessible via a direct link or from the events widget available in your content section of the website.