If you would like to link to PDF, Word or Excel documents within your web content, you will need to make sure they are uploaded to Squiz.
1. To add other file types such as PDF, Word or Excel click on the New button in the top left of the menu bar.
2. In the Asset Creation Wizard select the Files tab on the left and then click on the relevant file type. Scroll down to find more file types. You can use the Bulk Upload Files tool to upload several files at once.
3. Once you have selected which file you would like to upload, a Details window will appear.
4. Select the Choose file button and navigate to the file you would like to upload.
5. Once you have chosen the file, enter an appropriate name. If your file already has the correct name you can leave this blank.
6. Change the Show in menu option to No.
7. Click the Select New Location button to navigate to where you would like to save your file. Alternatively, if you are in the correct location already, you can click Select Current Asset.
8. Once you have found your location within the Asset Finder, click Select. The location should now display in the Details window.
9. Click the Create button.
10. Click the Edit button in the Wizard Complete window to change the file’s details, or select Close to return to the page you are working on.
11. If you choose to edit the details, you will be taken to the asset’s Details page where you can also override the current version of the file with a later version. If you choose to override the file, click the Choose file button and select the new file. Any existing hyperlinks to this document will be automatically updated with the new file. Select save once you are done.
12. Create a hyperlink on a page to link to your document. To do this, navigate to the Content screen of a page. Click in a WYSIWYG content container and type the file name. Select this text and click the link button in the pop-up box.
Click the Asset finder button and find your file. Click Insert Link when you have done this.
When hyperlinking to a PDF, Word or Excel document make sure you include the file type and file size in the hyperlink (all in caps) eg How to add other file types (PDF, 700KB).
Please note: All other file types will need to go through the workflow process. Make sure to apply for approval for each file. Once approved you will need to ensure the files are made live.