Follow these basic rules for formatting pages to ensure consistency across the website.
1. Page names should be sentence case – no random capital eg. Support and services.
2. Date format – DD Month YYYY.
3. Bulleted list format – first letter is always lower case and no colon or full stop at the end (unless it is a full sentence).
4. Phone number format – (externally facing pages) +61 2 4921 0000; (internally facing pages) 4921 0000.
5. PDF assets should be set to open in a new window. All links to external sites should remain in the same window.
6. PDF hyperlinks should include the file size eg. compliance register (PDF, 445KB).
7. A contact footer should be used for all contact details (not in the content area).
8. Headings on the page should be in a logical order – eg. a H3 tag should be used as a subheading of the H2 tag above.
9. All tables should have a heading. Each row and column should also have a descriptive header, this is important for accessibility. Tables should be used to display data and not as a formatting tool.
10. Avoid using ‘click here’ in hyperlinks. Instead, consider “Visit our Current students area for more information” with a link to Current students.