SoundCloud allows you to share an audio recording of a presentation, speech, song or event. It is the equivalent for audio that YouTube is for video.
The UON SoundCloud account can be found at https://soundcloud.com/university-of-newcastle.
Alternatively, you can create a SoundCloud widget in your page’s sidebar (right).
1. Once your file has been uploaded to the official University Soundcloud, navigate to the Soundcloud account and select the file you wish to include in your page, and hit the Share button.
2. When the pop-up window opens, click the Embed tab, and copy the text that appears under 'Code.' This is the file's embed code.
3. Navigate back to the Content screen of the page you would like to embed the Soundcloud file in Squiz. Inset a new WYSIWYG content container. Select Soundcloud content from the drop-down menu next to 'Template.'
4. A content container will appear with empty fields for a Title, Description and iframe. Insert the title and description of the file, and paste the Embed code from Soundcloud in to the iframe box.
5. Click the green Save button in the top right corner of Squiz. Switch to Preview mode to view what the Soundcloud file will look like on your page:
You can delete the bottom links by navigating to the content container, selecting the text and backspacing the links.